Saturday, February 21, 2015

It's a Matter of Perspective

I have lived in Colorado three different times in my life.  When I was a child, my family lived very close to the mountains, and the view from the big picture window in our living room was the beautiful Long's Peak.
Years later, when my husband and I moved to Castle Rock, the view was different. We lived at a higher elevation and a little bit further from the mountains, so we had a complete view of the front range--from Pike's Peak in the south to Long's Peak in the north.  I always loved being able to wake up and see the mountains every day!





But from time to time, we would take a trip up to Mount Evans or Pike's Peak. And when we finally reached the summit and looked out over the landscape, the view was entirely different again.  I think we could see Kansas from there!  What a change of perspective!  


{Perspective: a way of regarding situations or facts and judging their relative importance; the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it.}

Now, let's say we decided to get into an airplane, and take a short flight over the Rocky Mountains. We would be able to see each peak and valley, each mountain lake, winding roads, the great divide, snow caps, and plains.  A totally new perspective!!

Sometimes, I really wish I could get an aerial view of my life...to see how the past, present, and future all fits in together so that I could make this journey---and perhaps feel just a little more in control of things! Are you like that too?  When things are beyond your control, does it frustrate you?  Do you need to be able to see it all and understand it all before you can find peace?  Do you ever find it difficult to find the right perspective?  You are not alone!  God has designed it that way...He wants us to look for our direction and perspective in Him.

It is vital that we see our lives from God's perspective! 



No comments:

Post a Comment